Text-to-speech apps have advanced with the improvement in AI technology over time.
These apps are common in many Androids and iOS phones, making it easy to read various contents online, which is helpful for people with reading disabilities.
Text-to-speech apps allow your device to read any text like news articles, SMS, email, or PDFs.
These apps also increase the accessibility of content, remove language barriers, and help you read documents and emails while commuting.
Multiple text-to-speech apps are available online, so here are the top 10 best apps we’ve compiled and researched for you that help you meet your interest and requirements.
10 Best Text-To-Speech Apps For Android
Speechify is a top-rated text-to-speech app with over 20 million users that offers natural-sounding voices in 186 voices and over 30 languages.
- The app offers to read out loud uploaded documents, articles from google clouds or ePubfiles, HTML files, emails, and text messages.
- It can read 900 words per minute with multiple languages and accents.
- The app is available in the iOS and Google Play stores, offering free and paid versions.
2. Natural reader
Natural reader is a text-to-speech app popular among people with reading-based learning disabilities.
- The app provides speeches in a natural reading style with a wide range of natural-sounding voices.
- The app supports dyslexia font that offers a reading aid to help specially-abled readers.
- It provides many features like a speed change, converting text to MP3, and reading settings, which you can change according to your preference.
- It has various voice alternatives in different languages. Moreover, it supports many document formats like PDFs, eBooks, etc.
Pocket is a famous bookmarking app that allows users to save content, articles, and web pages for reading afterward.
- The app offers a user-friendly interface with multiple voices in various languages.
- The app offers various features to modify audio speed, rewind the narration, and create a playlist.
- It is available on iOS and Android devices and works offline for the user’s convenience.
- The app offers some features free of cost, but if you want to go for some additional features, it costs $5 per month.
4. Narrator’s voice
The narrator’s voice app allows you to share and create a personalized narration of texts using your favorite narrator’s voice.
- The app narrates different content with different effects in multiple languages.
- It offers features like converting text into MP4 or MP3 format and images into text.
- It lets you create voiceovers for your slideshow and video narrations.
- The app provides unique features to add voice effects like reverb, echo, choir, and gargle to listen to the text.
5. Voice Aloud Reader
Voice Aloud Reader is a high-quality tool designed to read aloud various online content.
- The app includes multiple features, including a sleep timer, reading WhatsApp chats aloud, and accessibility to PDF, DOC, TXT, HTML, RTF, and OpenOffice documents.
- It allows you to share texts and customize display, voice, speech, headset controls, and audio.
- The free app offers many features, including a natural voice and player control.
- The app is only available on Androids and also contains ads.
6. My Voice (TTS)
My Voice is a free text-to-speech app that helps people with language and speech disabilities.
- The app offers a simple interface with various features that make it easy to understand the text on Android.
- It allows you to convert text into speech and save them as MP3 and TXT files.
- The app supports multiple languages with Read Aloud audio control features like resume/pause, Next Line, etc.
- It lets you speak while typing and control pitch, volume, and speech rate.
- You can also use your voice for speech and export it as an audio file.
T2S is a text-to-speech app that helps to read aloud files like PDF, open texts, and ePUB.
- The app provides features like multiple languages, auto-recognition, and customizable speech.
- Users can select any text they want to listen to on the web pages and copy text from third-party apps to convert it into speech.
- Users can customize speech, voice quality, language, pitch, and rate, and it also lets you export audio files for future purposes.
- The app is only available on Android devices, with the free version containing ads.
8. Talk free
Talk Free is a free text-to-speech app for Androids that will read anything you type in multiple languages.
- The app supports many popular languages that help users from different geographic regions.
- The app also works on web pages where you can access it from the notifications and use it to read articles and content aloud.
- It provides features like pause and resume options for content speech.
- Users can also export the speech as a WAV file and save a copy of it.
9. Tell Me
Tell Me is a text-to-speech app that helps you read any text you type.
- The app has a simple and clean interface with customizable colors of your preference.
- The apps read out loud books, websites, texts, and PDFs, which are very helpful to people with reading and hearing disabilities.
- It supports various languages and accents like Spanish, French, United Kingdom, Chinese, etc.
- You can adjust speed, pitch, and volume and save text to audio files.
10. Speech Lab
Speech Lab is a free and straightforward text-to-speech app that converts text to audio files and audio to text files.
- The app lets you export text as an audio file and share it on social networks.
- It offers audio and texts in multiple languages with different natural-sounding accents.
- The app lets you change the audio’s speed, volume, and pitch according to your preference.
- The app is also accessible offline. Moreover, it lets you choose between dark and light themes.
- The app has a simple interface which makes it easy to navigate through the app.
What is the no. 1 text-to-speech app?
Here are a few popular and most widely used text-to-speech apps for android.
- Murk AI
- Voice Dream
- Synthesys, etc.
What is the most realistic TTS?
If you are looking for realistic text-to-speech apps, they include-
What is the best app that reads to you?
One of the best apps for text-to-speech conversion is Speechify.