Learning is crucial for the personal development of any individual, and challenging yourself to learn a new skill is the best way to achieve that!
Acquiring new skills has become more easily accessible than ever through various online platforms, websites, apps, etc., and some of them even provide verified certificates.
Here are the 10 best websites offering paid and free classes to brush up, improve or learn a new skill for everyone who is passionate about learning and wants to advance in their career.
10 best websites for skill development
edX is a leading non-profit organization that focuses on online skill learning and offers more than 3000 courses.
- It includes courses from many prestigious colleges like Harvard and MIT.
- Users can enroll in different courses and free degree programs in networking,
Coding, data analytics, business management, and healthcare to get the skills
Udemy is also one of the leading skills-learning websites, with over 130,000 courses.
- It has 183,000 video course offerings ranging from photography to software
- Whether you want to sharpen your skills in programming or learn a new skill in
Machine Learning Udemy has the best courses that you can rely upon.
Coursera offers university-supported classes with over 3000 courses.
- It offers job skill online courses from industry leaders like google and another world
- You can earn a degree and enhance your skill sets just by enrolling in courses.
Like personal development, artificial intelligence, python, machine learning and
Skillshare courses are aimed at fulfilling most students’ skill development needs.
- It offers over 8500 courses with thousands of courses in design, business
- It can help you advance in skills like creative writing, business, and technology.
- It offers courses from mobile development and data science to marketing and graphic design.
- It is designed to satisfy the majority of learners’ professional and skill advancement needs.
5. LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn learning is a delegate to lynda.com and a subsidiary of LinkedIn. It is an American online learning provider primarily centered on technology skills, such as programming in multiple languages.
- The website offers more than 10,000 didactic courses taught by industry experts
in software, creative, and business skills.
- Learners can elect as many courses as they want after they pay for access to the website.
Codecademy is a website dedicated to teaching free coding to learners worldwide.
- It is known for its fast-paced teaching and has helped 45 million students in
polishing their skills.
- It proffers courses on a number of coding languages– incorporating python, java
Ruby, C++, as well as markup languages HTML and CSS.
- It offers paid pro membership that provides direct direction and support to help
you boost your freelancing career.
Udacity is an online learning website that helps you get the skills you’ll need for freelancing
- It centers on offering software development, providing free courses in data science,
web development, programming, and other areas of tech like cybersecurity, marketing,
and product management.
- However, for higher prices, a nano degree program is offered to learners who want
pursue a full-time career or master a skill in tech.
ALISON is an online teaching platform that focuses on all kinds of learners, from teachers and freelancers to managers and professionals.
- It offers accredited diploma courses and certification courses based on learners’ interests.
- It provides a wide range of courses and detailed classes on personal and soft skills, financial literacy, entrepreneurship, technology, languages, and science.
9. General assembly
General assembly is a leading source specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. It provides a comprehensive online learning experience.
- It added online learning options during covid-19 pandemic for every event it runs.
- It offers both part-time and full-time classes online in addition, and it also offers free training, workshops, and coding events.
- It offers real-time communication with the learners and lecturers for paid subscriptions. Cost varies depending on the course that learners choose.
10. Harvard online courses
Harvard online courses present online courses that unite disciplines and faculty from across the university and connect learners globally to broaden learning opportunities.
- Harvard university has made various of its courses like business development, science, technology, and engineering accessible for learners online.
- It offers some paid as well as free programs ranging from $25-1000.
- The majority of the courses are self-paced plus contain lectures and supplementary study material.
- Courses have registration time limits, which is it provides only a few hundred at a particular time.
- To offer better convenience, the video or audio content is available with a transcript.
1. What are the websites for skill development?
If you are into skill development, websites like edx.com, LinkedIn Learning, Coursera, etc., are the best options for you.
2. How can I learn new skills online?
- Identify your skills.
- Set your learning goal.
- Improve your network.
3. What is the fastest way to learn new skill?
If you want to learn a skill quickly, here are a few tips that might help-
- Select the skill that intrigues you the most.
- Set a goal and commit to it.
- Believe in yourself.
- Celebrate small achievements.
- Hone the skill.
4. Where can I learn any skill for free?
These websites will let you learn the most in-demand skills free of cost-
- Alison courses
5. What skills can I learn in 3 months?
If you are running out of time and still want to improve your CV, you can learn these skills in 3 months-
- Content writing
- Powerpoint, and more.