Are you a college student who wants to make some money on the side to become independent? Or do you want to pay your college fees with the free time you have left?
If you know how to teach students, you can easily make money by applying for online tutoring jobs.
In this article, you will find the top 10 apps to find online tutoring jobs for college students. You can explore them to find a suitable gig for you and broaden your horizons.
10 Best apps to find online tutoring jobs
If you are looking for online tutoring jobs, it is best to start your hunt with verified apps that not only give assured work but also pay on time. A lot of freelance tutoring jobs are fake and to save yourself from this fraud, it is best to stick to the following apps if you are looking for online tutoring gigs.
If language is your domain, then this is the right online tutoring app, to begin with. Cambly focuses on teaching English to students of all age groups. If you are good at English, you can give it a try.
- This is an excellent option if you are a native English speaker or come from an English background.
- You can make anywhere between $10-$20/ hour, depending on your experience and popularity.
Tutor.com is a platform where you can teach subjects like English, science, maths, foreign languages, business, social science, and more.
- Choose the subject that you can comfortably teach and tutor students of all levels.
- You must be a resident of the US or Canada, enrolled in a college, and available for at least five hours per week, in order to be eligible.
- You have to take a subject assessment exam. Once you qualify, you are eligible to teach and get paid for it.
BookNook is an online tutoring platform specifically crafted for students studying in elementary and middle school.
- It requires at least 3 years of experience in teaching.
- At least a bachelor’s degree.
- BookNook actively hires college graduates and allows flexibility to work.
- You can make anywhere between $15 to $20/hour and the payment is done on a biweekly basis.
If you specialize in making notes and doing homework, this is your shot. You can tutor students personally by guiding them on how to do their homework or take notes.
- Students can access a note pool where they can buy your notes and ask for any help.
- You can answer questions based on your student’s requests.
- If you are good at this, you can make as much as $7000 per month.
If you are a native English speaker or have a good command of the English language, you should try Qkids.
- Qkids specializes in teaching English to Chinese students aged 4 to 12 years. Each lesson is around 30 minutes.
- You have to be a citizen of the US or Canada to be eligible to become a tutor at Qkids.
- You can make around $20/hour once you get the hang of it.
TutorMe is an online tutoring platform for students where they get tutors 24/7 on more than 300 subjects.
- You have to be a college student and 18 years or older to apply.
- Tutors from around the world can apply.
- You can make up to $16 per hour. Payments are done via PayPal.
Fiverr is a common name when it comes to freelancing. It is a name you can count on to get assured gigs and make some money in your free time. You might be amazed to know that individuals look for tutors online as well. If you have the right expertise, you can go for it.
- You can make up to $5 to $10 per hour.
- You can teach students anything you have expertise in, including graphic design, science, digital marketing, etc.
- The market is quite competitive but if you know how to play, you can make it a successful side business.
VIPKid is another online tutoring platform focused on the English language. This is a boon for native English speakers. You don’t have to do much hard work and will easily make money on the side.
- You can earn up to $20 per hour on VIPKid.
- This is only for the citizen of the US and Canada.
- Most of the students are Chinese, therefore, you have to work as per the Chinese timeline.
9. Magic Ears
Similar to VIPKid, Magic Ears is another online tutoring platform for native English speakers. If you have a TESOL or TEFOL certificate, it would be the cherry on the cake.
- Magic Ears caters to children between 8 to 12 years old.
- The initial compensation is around $8 to $10 per hour and you will be able to earn some bonuses as well.
Chegg is an American education company that specializes in tutoring middle school and college students.
- To become an instructor, you have to verify your education qualification and enrolled in a 4-year degree program.
- You can get paid up to $20 per hour and up to $1000 per month.
1. Which app is best for online tutoring?
If you are looking for online tutoring jobs, these are a few apps that will help you in finding the right job for you.
- Quizizz, and more.
2. How do online tutoring companies find students?
If you are an online tutoring company and want to find students, you can do the following things-
- Run ads on social media
- Ensure quality learning.
- Reach out to schools
3. How can I tutor as a student?
If you are a student and want to make money online by tutoring kids, here are a few places where you can find a job-
- Gain enough experience.
- Make your teaching portfolio
- Reach out to online tutoring platforms
- Find the right gig for you.
4. Is there an app to find tutors?
Here are a few apps where you can find the right tutor for you-
5. Where can I teach online and earn money?
If you really want to teach online here are a few places you can start with-
- Khan Academy