If you are wondering if you could earn a good amount of money from the comfort of your home, then you probably must be amazed because there are more jobs that you could do while staying at home than being present at the sites.
Being a mother is one heck of a job in itself, this is why most moms are looking for remote jobs. This way, you can not only look after the baby but also find amazing opportunities from around the world. Be it a side-hustle or a full-time job, you can get enough money from the comfort of your home, so why not read the most benefits out of it?
In this article, we have discussed the top 10 flexible jobs for stay-at-home moms that will surely help you boost your career while being a full-time mother.
Beginning with proofreading is one of the best flexible jobs for stay-at-home moms looking for great career options. On average, you can make $51,537 per year through proofreading. Moreover, proofreading offers flexible working hours, and hence, you get to decide your working hours.
- If you are good at observing little things and can easily spot grammatical mistakes, then you are going to enjoy this job.
- All you have to do is read and edit the work assigned to you.
Blogging is another best flexible job for a stay-at-home mom. You can start your own blogs and post content related to any subject of your interest.
- Blogging has no limitations to working hours, and hence you can decide when to work.
- It is easier to start blogging if you have good writing skills, but you are required to market them efficiently to make a good amount of income.
3. Book Keeper
By being a bookkeeper, you are taking responsibility for the financial management of firms. Being a stay-at-home mom, you might be great at managing the finances of your home. All you are required to do is maintain the financial statements of companies by keeping a record of the income and expenditure of the company.
4. Freelance Writer
Freelancing is yet another great source of earning money for stay-at-home moms. You can make $21-$40 each hour as a beginner at freelancing. There are many companies that will pay you per word. But you can find many companies that pay you on an hourly basis. Hence, you choose any of them according to your comfort.
- This job is perfect for moms who are fluent and accurate in writing.
- You can also register yourself in specific courses related to freelancing and begin your side hustle.
5. Virtual Assistant
This job varies from company to company. But it mostly revolves around administrative work, and you can do it remotely. Thus, it is a great option for stay-at-home moms. As a Virtual Assistant, all you are required to do is organize meetings and schedule time for everything that makes a business run smoothly.
- It can be an interesting job for moms who are good at managing tasks.
- Websites like Flexjobs or Upwork provide great VA job options.
6. Social Media Manager
As soon as you start blogging, there appear many tasks that are not easy to manage like managing your social media. Therefore, there arises a need for social media assistants that help ease these tasks.
- On average, a social media manager makes $15.42/hour.
- If you have good social media management skills, then you are going to enjoy this job while making money.
7. Local Business Marketing
It is a common scenario with local businesses that they lack good marketing strategies as they rely on traditional marketing practices. Sometimes, the local businesses do not expect the rapid and immense growth their business starts to experience, or they want their business to flourish. Hence, in either case, there is a requirement to increase their sales. Therefore, a good marketing plan is required.
- You can take responsibility for their marketing strategies and give their business a boost while making money for your services.
- Facebook is a good option to get started, as the majority of the customers are found on Facebook.
- Stay-at-home moms who are good with marketing are likely to enjoy this job.
8. Online Tutor
It is clear by the name that you get to be a teacher online. You can teach any area of your specialization and earn a good amount of money depending on your skills and popularity. BookNook is a great option to get started with your teaching journey.
- Being a stay-at-home mom, you can rely on this job while your kids are sleeping and you have enough time for yourself.
- You can earn as much as $20 on an hourly basis.
- It is among the best flexible work-from-home jobs for stay-at-home moms.
9. Perform Market Research
There are many market research firms that are interested to know how well their product is performing. One of the best ways to get honest reviews about their products is through surveys. As a stay-at-home mom, you must be busy with household chores all the time and hence it becomes difficult to take out time to sit down and focus on performing other jobs. On the contrary, filling out surveys and being a part of market research is a great way to earn money.
- You are only required to use certain products and tell them how you feel about their products.
- Payment varies from company to company, but it can be a good source of money if done consistently.
10. Data Entry
One of the easiest jobs for a stay-at-home mom is Data entry. All you are required to do is transfer data from one form to another. The job usually requires a computer. It can be a great job for moms with efficiency in typing. But this job might turn repetitive at times and hence you have to be okay with it.
- A mandatory requirement for the job is to own a computer and know basic computer skills.
- You will find many job opportunities in this field and many sites like Indeed, Clickworker, Fiverr, etc., offer updates regarding the same.
1. How can I make money as a stay-at-home mom?
There are many great options like:
- Start a thrift store
- Data entry
- Social media manager
2. How to get a job after being a stay-at-home mom for 10 years?
You can start by working on yourself and then find jobs. Working on yourself might look like this:
- Attending courses to update your skills.
- Updating your resume
- Clearing your mind
- Setting priorities
- Determining your wants and needs
3. Is it possible to be a stay-at-home mom and work?
Yes, there are many options that can help you begin your career while being a stay-at-home mom, like:
- Start a youtube channel
- Online tutor
4. How can a stay-at-home mom make money at home without investment?
There are many options:
- Freelance writing
- Data Entry
- Virtual Assistant
- Online Tutor
5. Which business is good for stay-at-home moms?
- Tiffin services
- Remote Assistant
- Online Tutor