As an entrepreneur maintaining a blog, you want to publish posts that your readers will rave about.
The benefits of producing top-notch content for your blog are many. You’ll win loyal readers who will come back to your blog again and again. You will also gain links naturally if you maintain a high-quality blog, which in turn will benefit your search engine rankings, which will win you more readers. That’s how you build your web authority.
And the key is understanding human nature.
What do your readers find interesting? As a business owner, you understand the particular needs of your audience. Use that knowledge to your advantage by tailor-fitting your content to your readers.
You don’t want cookie-cutter posts. You want to stand out.
However, you probably find yourself running out of blog post ideas. Fear not. Here you will find more than 100 irresistible blogging ideas. These ideas will help you create compelling content that win hearts and links and establish your authority online.
CREATE PRACTICAL TIPS AND RESOURCES
- Create an industry checklist. Checklists keep you organized and serve as a visual reminder of the steps and tasks that must be accomplished.
- Create an industry-related glossary. Try to be accurate and specific when writing definitions of industry terms.
- Explain a fundamental concept simply. There will be key concepts that may be confusing for beginners in your industry. Explain them as you would to a five-year old.
- Create an FAQ. There are questions that you will encounter often. Use this post to answer them. This saves time for both you and your readers.
- Provide actionable tips.
- Help your readers make important decisions (pros and cons).
- Coin a term by solving a problem. When you solve a problem, you will have earned the right to invent the word for your solution.
- Tell your audience why they need something even if they don’t know it yet.
- Run a survey and share the results with your audience.
- Do a research study.
- Debunk common myths in your industry.
- Offer freebies. This could be as simple as an email template or a script to follow to acquire new business.
- Give science-proven tips.
- List industry-specific productivity tips.
PIGGYBACK ON INDUSTRY AUTHORITIES
- Share what you learned from an industry expert.
- Create a book summary. Your readers are busy, and they would appreciate a concise discussion of the important points of a book.
- Summarize a popular industry podcast.
- List inspirational quotes that will resonate with your audience.
HELP YOUR READERS REACH THE NEXT LEVEL
- Create a step-by-step guide. Absolute beginners appreciate tutorials that take them by the hand and provide step-by-step instructions.
- Explain what it takes to become an expert. What skill levels must a beginner attain to be considered an industry expert?
- Create an explainer about how something works.
- Write a Definitive Guide.
- Create an Advanced Guide. This is for your more experienced readers.
- Create an interactive guide. These are the types of posts that requires inputs from your readers.
- Publish a case study.
- Write about how to fix something.
- Write a success roadmap. This is a more general discussion of the milestones that need to be reached to achieve success in your industry.
USE THE POWER OF CELEBRITY
- Write a personality profile of an industry influencer.
- Detail how a celebrity accomplished something.
- Create a list of industry influencers. This is sometimes referred to as ‘ego-baiting’. When you talk about influencers, they are more likely to share your post to their followers.
- Interview an influencer or celebrity.
- List excellent tips from influencers.
- Create a list of the best industry-related blogs.
- List the best books related to your industry.
- Create a list of the best industry-related podcasts.
- List the best videos for your industry.
- List movies related to your industry.
- Recommend the best industry conferences to attend.
- Curate a list of successful examples in your industry.
- Reverse engineer the success of a peer or influencer.
REVIEW USEFUL PRODUCTS
- Create a list of the most useful products for your audience.
- Review a new product. When a new product is released, there will be little information available about it. This is an excellent opportunity to create content around.
- Review a popular product that everybody is using in your industry.
- Create an in-depth comparison of 2 popular products.
- Review an online course.
GET A LITTLE PERSONAL
- Share with your audience how you got started in your industry.
- What’s it like to work in your industry? Create “a day in the life of” post.
- Try something new and share your experience.
- Talk about your mistakes and what you learned from them.
- Publish an income report.
- Share an industry presentation.
- Write about your personal failures and how you overcame them.
- Tell a personal story. This doesn’t have to be about your mistakes or failures. It could be about your unique insights earned through years of experience within your industry.
- Talk about your favorites.
- Show your readers your workplace. A sneak peek of your place of business can do wonders in making you more relatable to your readers.
- Write a manifesto. Talk about what you value most in life. These are the rules that you live by, your non-negotiables, the bigger picture of why your business exists.
- Do you give to charity? Talk about it. Of course, you didn’t give to charity to toot your own horn. Instead, share with your audience why you chose this particular charity and how they can give too.
- Talk about important life events that shaped who you are as a professional.
- How do you stay healthy working in your industry?
BECOME THE EXPERT AND PREDICT THE FUTURE
- Talk about the latest industry trends.
- Discuss how new developments in your industry could affect people.
- Tell your audience what skills will be valuable in the future.
- Create a timeline of important events that shaped your industry.
- Make bold predictions.
- Write the 10 commandments of your industry.
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
- Post industry news.
- Break the news. Once in a while, you’ll come across exclusive information. Take advantage of it and be the one to break the news.
- Share rumors about a potential industry development. Just be sure that you clarify that it’s just rumor.
- Write seasonal posts.
- List attractive seasonal deals.
- Discuss how your industry is related to a trending event.
YOUR OPINIONS MATTER
- Write an open letter to someone famous.
- Talk about why you think a popular opinion is wrong.
- Enlighten your readers about why you want to change things in your industry.
- Focus on outdated practices in your industry.
- Talk about why something failed.
- Discuss a particular aspect of your industry’s history.
HAVE A LITTE FUN
- Create a comic strip. It doesn’t have to be a Marvel-quality comic. Stick figures will do as long as you share something true and noteworthy.
- Collect industry-related memes.
- Share some exciting stories about your industry. You will come by funny or entertaining anecdotes in your profession. These are human interest stores that are evergreen and continue to be popular.
- Explain how a movie relates to your industry.
- Create a parody. You can parody popular brands.
- Write about something unrelated to your industry and discuss how it’s actually related.
- Talk about how your products and services are used creatively.
DO MORE OF WHAT WORKS
- Polish an old post and make it timelier. And no, it’s not just about changing the year on your post’s headline.
- Write a new post based on your existing posts.
- Invite other writers on your blog. Guest bloggers offer unique perspectives that you may not have seen initially.
- Repurpose your most popular blog posts into an infographic or video.
EVERYBODY LOVES CONTROVERSY
- Uncover popular tips that don’t actually work.
- Create a “truth VS lies” post.
- Be controversial by sharing an unpopular opinion.
- Reveal a secret. We all love to discover secrets. By becoming vulnerable, your audience will see you as more authentic.
- Scour forums for industry questions and answer them. These questions are different from the ones that are already in your FAQ.
- Answer reader questions. You will come across very interesting question not covered in your FAQ. Answer these questions in depth.
LET YOUR READERS SHINE
- Interview your customers.
- Sponsor a contest.
- Create a challenge. People love challenges. If you can think of an interesting challenge that’s related to your industry, you will be able to create a viral post.
WHAT’S YOUR PLAN?
- Write about how you plan your week.
- Share your plans for the next 5 or 10 years.
A FEW MORE IDEAS
- What’s the most challenging part of your profession?
- What’s your favorite apps to do your job better?
- Create an A-Z post.
POWER-UP YOUR BLOG POSTS
These ideas, in and of themselves, are just starting points to help you come up with your own unique content. To make sure that you get web traffic for your efforts, you’ll need to do keyword research. Choose topics that are already being searched for in Google.
An excellent tool for finding industry-related topics is AHREFS.
In this example, we can see that Sprout Social’s post about social media marketing is very popular with more than 50,000 traffic and around 1,800 unique referring domains. This immediately tells us that the topic is popular.
However, you can’t simply rehash the content and hope for the best. Make it your own by adding your unique perspective.
Let me know if the comments if you are planning to implement some of these suggestions and tell me about your experiences.