Drawing, painting, or sketching is a great way to express your emotions, ideas, and yourself.
It lets you unleash your creativity in many diverse ways. And with digital technology flourishing, drawing and sketching on your device has become a fun and exciting experience with many digital drawing apps that provide advanced tools and features.
You can create whatever you want with various complex features and sketching tools in these apps.
These Android apps help you level up your art, design, and drawing skills by enhancing your art with their capabilities and unique features.
Here, we compiled the top 10 best drawing apps for androids after researching and reviewing them; with these, you can quickly bring your artistic skills out and create a beautiful drawing with the adequate tools these apps provide.
Best Drawing Apps for Android
Adobe Illustrator Draw
Adobe Illustrator Draw is an Adobe application known for its ability to create high-quality graphics and drawings.
- This app offers various features like exploring different files and supports for raster and vector graphics.
- It offers you a variety of layouts and tools that helps in creating high-quality doodles, illustrations, and graphic effects.
- The app supports a wide range of filters, effects, and file formats and also works with multiple layers and images.
- It integrates all the Creative Cloud and Adobe ecosystems for its desktop, which is also suitable for both experienced and beginner users.
Sketchbook is a painting, sketching, and illustration app for all devices and platforms where you can create fully-finished artwork with the help of professional-grade drawing tools.
- The app provides a simple, intuitive, and easy-to-use interface and offers a variety of brushes and tools.
- The app provides tools for perspective and symmetry and also has a guide for complementary colors.
- It has an insightful interface that is made for both professional artists and beginners.
- This app is free, has no annoying ads, and has many customizable features.
Artflow is one of the most used drawing apps, with over 5 million downloads and positive reviews.
- This app has a user-friendly interface and provides over 80 customizable brushes, fill, smudge, and eraser tools.
- The app supports multiple images, selection masks, layers, pressure-sensitive pens, and multiple file formats like JPEG, PSD, and PNG.
- The app comes with both paid and free versions, with the paid version offering access to more tools and features.
- You can watch an advertisement if you want to unlock its paid version.
Ibis Paint X
Ibis Paint X is a drawing and painting app with various features, tools, and an easy-to-use interface. It is available in free as well as in paid versions.
- The app has more than 100 million downloads and over a million reviews.
- It offers over 15000 brushes and also provides unlimited layers to create complex drawings.
- The app supports time-lapse recordings and has a variety of tools for painting.
- You can access its additional features by subscribing to its paid versions which cost $3 dollar per month.
Clip Studio Paint
A Clip Studio Paint is an animation, comic, and illustration tool used by over 25 million artists across the world.
- This app supports raster, 3D, and vector formats and allows you to create graphics and animations through a wide range of features like inking, speech bubbles, etc.
- It offers over 40000 brushes with unlimited features of layers and group layers.
- It also provides stylus pressure stimulation and S pen air actions.
- It offers a free tool and feature used by a vast community of professional and hobby artists.
Krita is a free and open-source painting program made for 2D animation and digital art.
- The app offers many tools for your artwork, such as pencils, erasers, brushes, and vector tools.
- It offers many tools, such as tilt detection, brush engine, rulers, speech bubbles, panels, and perspective tools.
- It provides an unlimited undo function as well as multiple layers for making your artwork more special.
- You can use this app on tablets as well as on Windows, which many professional artists use.
Infinite Painter is one of the most well-designed sketching, drawing, and painting apps for Chromebooks, phones, and tablets.
- The app provides a user-friendly interface with a variety of features.
- It provides over 160 brushes and even allows you to create custom brushes.
- Features include high-resolution canvas, auto shaping, touch gestures, video looping, layers, background images, and Photoshop blend modes.
- You can use the paid version to unlock all the exciting and attractive features
Tayasui Sketches is a versatile sketching and painting app with many amazing tools and a modern user interface.
- The app offers over 20 tools for sketching and drawing, including markers, acrylics, watercolors, and pencils.
- The app supports gradients, patterns, and unlimited layers for drawing and sketching complex things.
- The app provides an intuitive interface with a function to blend colors to create new shades.
- It is available for Android as well as Mac and iPad.
MediBang Paint is a free digital painting and manga creation software downloaded by over 75 million users worldwide and used by many professional and amateur artists.
- The app provides an easy-to-use interface with simple vector tools and supports Photoshop textures and brushes.
- The app offers over 1000 brushes, canvas at 300 DPI, layouts for comics and manga, and multiple layers for your painting.
- The app offers various tools, including pressure detection, time-lapse, pencils, erasers, and brushes.
- You can customize keyboard shortcuts and displays according to your preference.
PaperColor is an excellent painting application where you paint as well as learn painting, sketching, coloring, and drawing.
- The app offers an easy-to-use interface that is useful for many hobby artists and beginners.
- The app lets you trace images by importing and putting them in translucent mode.
- It provides minimalistic features and tools like pencils, oil paint brushes, and watercolors.
- You can use this app on your mobile phone and large screens like PCs or tablets.
1. What is the No. 1 drawing app?
Out of all the top apps for drawing, Adobe Photoshop tops the list of the most popular and most used drawing apps in the world.
2. What is the number one drawing app for Android?
When it comes to Android, most people use apps like Canva and PicsArt. However, Adobe Illustrator is also one of the most popular drawing apps for Android.
3. What art app do most artists use?
The favorite cult drawing app for most artists is either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.