Blogging became popular as more and more people are getting connected to the internet. More people now read blogs to read information, get new tips and tricks, or simply find answers to what they’re looking for in their day to day tasks. And that is why a lot of businesses are starting their blogs! Some people find the task of making blogs easy, but other people find it overwhelming.
Anyone can start blogging in this day and age. However, it is done by many businesses for specific reasons, such as to generate better SEO rankings and to assert dominance over their competitors. According to Oberlo, blogging is done as a marketing strategy of 92% of content marketers.
Meanwhile, other people start blogging for different reasons, such as self-expression and a source of income. Whatever the reason is, we all have to go back to it and make sure it is accomplished at the end of the day.
When you have your blog website and domain already laid out, now you’re tasked with enriching it with content that will drive visitors inside. You might be puzzled at how to start with your very first blog. But don’t worry that much for that’s completely normal and we’re here to help you out on how to start blogging.
First, take note of these two important things: your niche and your readers.
Best blog websites of today mostly have a single niche – may it be lifestyle, science, beauty, health, or others. You would want to stay in line with your niche and the nearest related topics about it to avoid getting off the course. Determine the central niche your blog is tackling and create a mind map. That is an effective way for you to visualize which topics relate to your niche easily.
You also have to consider your readers. Remember, your readers will only click your blogs if it provides them with a piece of information that interests them. For example, when you’re starting a blog about skincare, you can start with Skincare 101 topics packed with important information. Creating a summary of your readers’ demographics can prevent you from deviating and make you stay on course with thinking and creating your future blog posts.
Now that you’ve listed down your niche and your readers, now is the time to brainstorm your first blog post topics! Here are some of the examples:
How to Write a Blog Post: Practical Tips for Beginners
X Things You Should Know About [Niche]
People on the internet love to learn new things, and this format of blog title will provide you with a list of condensed information your first blog post can divulge into. Of course, this is assuming your visitors have a beginner to intermediate understanding of your niche.
Below are the examples of blog titles under this format:
- 10 Things You Should Know About Being an Amazon FBA Seller
- 3 Basic Things You Should Know About Plumbing Systems
- 13 Things You Should Know About Starting an Online Business
- Daytrading: 10 Things You Should Know Before Joining
- 20 Things You Should Know About Moving Into a New Country
You may also add a little spice to this:
- 3 Things You Should Never Do In a Public Restroom in Japan
- 4 Things You Should Know Before Getting a Tattoo
- 6 Things Everyone Should Know About Getting Married
- 10 Things Everyone Should Learn About Life
- 12 Things Everyone Should Know About the COVID-19 Pandemic
[Niche] 101: the Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
This type of first blog post usually contains comprehensive information about your niche, so expect a little more resources put into crafting this. On the other hand, beginner’s guide blog posts are often long and should have a concrete set of things a complete beginner can know about your niche in just one sitting.
Here are the examples and some variations:
- Knitting 101: the Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
- Programming 101: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide For Developers of the Modern Decade
- The Ultimate Beginner’s to Intermittent Fasting
- Beginner’s Guide to Blogging in 2022
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide Towards No. 1 Best Selling Book on Amazon
How to [Niche]
How-To blog posts will never go out of style. It is simple but surely packs a reason for visitors to click on your website. According to Semrush, this type of blog post is the most common.
How-tos solve a dilemma that people face, and with that urgency, they will click the best ranking blog post that will potentially be the solution for their dilemma. Take a lot at these examples:
- How to Use Google Search Engine Optimization Like a Pro
- How to Cook Risotto: 3 Different Ways
- How to Fix Windows Blue Screen of Death
- How to Build Your PC According to Your Needs
- How to Start Your Blog for Free
X Things You’ll Love About [Niche]
This type of blog post is perfect for people looking for things they will likely love about the niche or topic you’re focusing on. Making this kind of list is easy because you can seamlessly incorporate it into your niche without putting too much brainstorming – just pure highlighting of their benefits.
- 5 Things You’ll Love About Gua Sha
- 8 Things You’ll Love About Korean Barbeque
- 10 Things You’ll Like About Swedish Massage
- 20 Things You’ll Love About Travelling Alone in Europe
- 100 Things You’ll Love About Life
Tips and Tricks
There will be people around the internet who have some level of understanding regarding the topic at hand. Showing authority in your niche is respectable in the eyes of the Google algorithm. That is why making a blog post in a tips and tricks format will almost always guarantee you attention from your audience.
- Tips and Tricks on How to Be Successful in IT
- 10 Tips and Tricks You Don’t Know About Using a Macbook Yet
- Sewing: Tips and Tricks from an Expert
- 8 Helpful Tips to Improve Your Crochet Stitches
- 5 Adobe Photoshop Tips and Tricks You Don’t Know Yet
Pros and Cons
The people interested in your niche may know something about it but are not quite sure about its pros and cons. Blog Posts of the pros and cons format are still well-perceived today, giving your visitors a summary of the two sides of the coin: the good and the bad. This exposes the strengths and weaknesses and gets real. Honesty and thoroughness are needed here.
- Pros and Cons of Investing in Cryptocurrencies
- eCommerce During COVID-19: Pros and Cons
- The Pros and Cons of Remote Work
- Pros and Cons of Using Contact Lenses
- Amazon FBA: the Pros and Cons
Additionally, these are some of the variations you can try out:
- iPhones: the Advantages and Disadvantages
- NFTs: the Positives and Negatives of It
- The Costs and Benefits of Getting Dental Braces
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Plastic Surgery
- Positive and Negative Effects of Bitcoin Mining
Top 10 blog posts are simple but timeless in giving straight-to-the-point lists of things that may interest your audience. When thinking about this, think about what your audience may want to partake in, may it be purchasing, visiting, listening to, or anything else they can do. Then, remember to connect this to your niche as well!
- Top 10 Places to Visit Before You Die
- Top 10 The Beatles Songs
- 10 Top Restaurants to Try in Manila
- Top 10 Amazon Products for Your Kitchen
- 10 Best Smartwatches in 2022
You may also try other numbers!
- Top 100 Quotes of All Time
- Top 1000 Bible Verses
- 12 Best Recipes for a Cozy Thanksgiving
- 25 Love Songs for Silver Anniversary
- 8 Best Spices that Deserve a Spot in Every Kitchen
Blog Posts that tackle benefits highlight the good side under your niche. While this is a lot similar to “X Things You’ll Love About..,” it tackles more on the proven and factual side of the
- 6 Health Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba to Everyone
- 5 Benefits of Taking a Nap Everyday
- HIIT: Its Benefits to the Human Body
- 12 Benefits of Aerobic Exercises to People WFH
- 10 Advantages of Eating Fruits Everyday
File Name: blogger-vectorart
Alt Name: blogger working on a bench
5W + 1H (Who, Why, What, Where, and When + How)
The 5Ws + How are the most common ways to start a question in the English language. But, on the other hand, starting your blog with these topics will gain you a huge edge in Google’s SEO rankings. Saw that “People You May Ask” snippet in the search page results of Google? They are supposed to give additional information about what was searched.
- Marie Kondo: the Woman Who Sparks Joy by Organizing
- Who Are The Richest People In the World?
- Who Are The Earliest Computer Scientists?
- Robert Kiyosaki: the Man Who Inspired Millions to Succeed
- The People Who Invented the COVID-19 vaccines
- Why Start Keto Diet? 7 Solid Reasons To Try Keto Diet Today
- Why Most Startups Break Apart – and Steps You Should Take to Avoid this Direction
- Why Amazon Selling is Still an Excellent Passive Income this 2022
- Flu: What the 3 Best Remedies Are
- What Does It Feel Like to Get An IUD?
- What Is the Best Treatment for Acne
- What Time Is the Best Time to Wake Up
- What Are the Best Films of 2022?
- Where to Find Knowledge About Science
- Where to Store Your Sensitive Data on the Internet
- Where to Shop for the Best Thanksgiving Gifts
- Discounted Luxury Items: Where to Buy
- Where to Find Quality Items on Sale on the Internet
- When Is The Best Time to Shop on Amazon?
- Airline Tickets: When Do Best Deals Happen?
- When Does Menopause Set In?
- When To See a Specialist For Your Eye Condition?
- Romantic Relationships: When and Where Do They Happen?
- How Do Airplanes Fly?
- How Does a Brazilian Wax Session Go?
- Just How Rich are the 10 Richest Persons in the World?
- Herman Miller Aeron: How Does It Compare to Other Ergonomic Chairs?
- How are Viruses Formed?
One of the biggest challenges in making a blog is making your very first blog post and how to make blogs work. But this does not have to be difficult. When you practice solid SEO practices and keep yourself up-to-date with the current trends, you already have a huge advantage against your competitors. And as long as you consider your niche and your readers as you go along your content-making process, you’ll surely gain inspiration and finally meet your goals!