Bonus offers are a common occurrence on online casino sites. They usually reward new customers who join the website, but most casinos also have offers that you can claim later on. In any case, playing casino games while using a bonus offer can be very beneficial, but only if you know what these bonuses consist of and how to properly use them.
In this article, we are going to talk about different types of casino bonuses and give you a few tips on how to make the most of them.
Different Types of Casino Bonus Offers
Here is a list of some of the most common bonuses you can find on casino sites:
- Welcome deposit bonuses — A welcome deposit bonus matches your first deposit in bonus funds. For example, if you deposit $50, the casino will give you another $50 to play with.
- Reload bonuses — These work in the same way as welcome deposit bonuses. However, new customers are not allowed to use them, only regular players who have already deposited in the past.
- No deposit bonuses — As the name says, to get this kind of bonus you won’t have to make a deposit. Instead, you can just create an account and claim the offer.
- Free spins — Instead of the bonus cash, this kind of offer gives you a certain amount of spins that you can use on the casino’s most popular video slot titles. One example is the 25 free spins on registration no deposit offer at One Casino licensed by Malta Gaming Authority with the license number MGA/B2C/327/2016.
- VIP/Loyalty programs — Every time you place a wager, you will get points. Once you collect a certain number of points, you will move up a level, and each level comes with special perks and new bonuses.
What to Pay Attention to When Using Casino Bonuses
In order to get the most of your bonus offers, there are several things that you need to consider. First, you need to look for bonuses depending on which types of games you like playing. If you prefer table games, you should search for blackjack, baccarat, and roulette bonuses. There aren’t many offers that specifically relate to these games, but most cash offers do allow you to use the bonus funds on them.
If video slots are your games of choice, then you should look for casinos that offer a lot of free spins. Be careful, though, you can use the free spins only on a selected range of games.
The most important thing is to look for bonuses with great value. When it comes to match and reload bonuses, don’t settle for anything that won’t give you 100% on your deposit. We can say the same for free spins. Naturally, the more free spins there are, the better. You can do a simple comparison between different casino sites to see which one has the most valuable bonuses.
A trap that many beginner players fall into when using casino bonus offers is that they don’t read the bonus’ terms and conditions. A given bonus can look great on the surface, but various Ts & Cs can severely limit its value.
The Wagering Requirements
The most important thing to look for here are the wagering requirements. They represent the number of times that you need to wager the bonus offer before you’re allowed to cash out any winnings.
For example, if a $100 bonus has wagering requirements of 30x, that means that you need to wager a total of $3,000 before withdrawing. On the other hand, if the bonus is only worth $50 and the wagering requirements are 20x, you only need to wager $1,000, which is significantly easier to do, and, therefore, the bonus becomes more valuable.
It’s also crucial to find a quality casino site. A valuable bonus offer means nothing if you don’t have a quality casino site to use it on. Try to find a safe and EU licensed casino operator (MGA, for instance) with a wide selection of games and plenty of trusted payment methods that will let you withdraw your winnings easily and without unnecessary fees.