Protection from malicious attacks is essential in this multi-networking world. Individuals and organizations are vulnerable to numerous malicious attacks resulting in data breaches and identity fraud.
With technological advancement, attackers have become more advanced in using unsecured Wi-Fi connections and personal or official data to steal the information of an individual.
Fortunately, some trusted online virus scan and removal sites help you protect your system from potential danger caused by many misleading links.
These sites or tools monitor the dark web and alert you when attackers steal your data. Moreover, these sites check every website, application, and download using a database of threats compiled by experts. It also provides a VPN that allows you to have a safe internet connection without exposing yourself through an unsecured Wi-Fi connection.
Here we have compiled the 10 best free virus scan and removal sites you can use without worrying about your privacy and computer.
Free online virus scan and removal sites
1. Norton Power Eraser
Norton Power Eraser is the best free full-suite antivirus site on the market.
- You can download the software for windows computer or laptop.
- The site is easy to navigate and is minimal. Moreover, it provides an option for a full rootkit scan which takes about 90 minutes.
- It also gives an option for 4 advanced scans Reputation Scan, Multi-boot Scan, System Scan, and Unwanted Applications Scan.
- These options scan various files and systems in your computer, such as scanning your system for potential vulnerabilities, designated folders, and all program files, and offer to remove that malware.
- But it lacks many features like a firewall, VPN, active scanning, and real-time protection.
2. SafetyDetectives Known Vulnerabilities Scanner
SafetyDetectives Known Vulnerabilities Scanner provides quick and secure service if your programs need a security update or testing in your system.
- It is developed with the support world’s largest database for security, i.e., the CVE database.
- You don’t need to download the tool as it is entirely available online. The scan is completed in seconds. Plus, no ads.
- When they discover any threat in your program, they fix it to eliminate the threat and report it to CVE.
VirusTotal is the best free online virus website that doesn’t require any download.
- The suspicious websites scanned by VirusTotal get shared in the global security community.
- It scans any websites or files that you enter in its online portal. However, it won’t browse your files and malware as other websites do.
- The scanner uses over 70 malware engines, some volunteered by Panda, Microsoft, and Comodo.
- It provides a quick and detailed report of scans.
4. MetaDefender Cloud
MetaDefender Cloud allows files to be scanned against 30 antivirus engines which are also used by popular sites like AVG and Microsoft.
- It scans the website URL and IP address if uploaded a file to its site.
- You can scan various files, including EXE, ZIP, documents, videos, and images.
- Chrome extension is also available that you can use to scan downloaded files by the browser.
- The results are easy to understand. A red mark next to the antivirus engine implies the file is malicious.
Avira is an online free virus scanner that is easy to use and provides a user-friendly interface.
- You can see the results after submitting your contact details.
- You can scan files and URLs through its site, and it uses an anti-virus engine similar to the Avira antivirus program.
- It also provides a free VPN, improves your computer’s performance, blocks all threats, and helps prevent other spyware from tracking you.
6. ESET Online Scanner
ESET Online Scanner offers faultless virus detection and thorough window device scans.
- It provides periodic scanning and an in-depth scanning service by scanning every part of your device, like local drives.
- It works only for windows and provides valuable anti-stealth technology that detects rootkits.
- The online scanner can alert you and delete the malware infection from your computer.
7. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition
Bitdefender Antivirus is a top-rated internet security company that offers many free tools to defend your windows alongside its paid version.
- The sites provide a free tool for certain named viruses. You can type the virus name on its site and check if a free tool is available for it or not.
- It offers an anti-phishing, anti-fraud system, and threat detection tools.
- With its powerful virus-scanning tool, you can save your PC or computer from malware, spyware, and rootkits.
8. Adaware Antivirus Free
Adaware provides one out of three software tools free. You can use the free tool for immediate problems that are related to viruses.
- It offers you to get real-time security, schedules daily scans, and eliminates suspicious activities.
- It also protects you against various malicious viruses, online scams, malware, and hackers.
- However, the site doesn’t provide tech support in the free version. You’ll need to upgrade to its premium version eventually.
TotalAV is an award-winning antivirus site that provides both paid and free versions, and if you want to scan your device occasionally, you can use its free version.
- It provides various features such as a data breach checker, browser clean-up, smart scan malware removal, and WebShield protection from malicious websites.
- It has three malware-scanning options; a smart scan that checks the location of the virus on the computer, a quick scan that checks file folders such as downloads, and a system scan.
- You’ll get a 7-day free trial if you want to go for its premium version, which offers extended features, like VPN and password vault.
10. Comodo Free Anti-Malware BOClean
Comodo is a respected and leading brand in online security. Its Free Anti-Malware BOClean software is designed to clear malware and viruses from your computer.
- It provides many features and malware-removal tools, such as regular malware detection reports, real-time malware elimination, and remote configuration for schools and businesses to prevent data breaching.
- It also limits false alarms, removes all malicious applications and files, and provides free virus updates.
1. What is the best free online virus scan and removal?
Here are some of the best free online virus scan and removal software-
- Avast One Essential
- AVG AntiVirus
- Microsoft Defender
2. How can I remove viruses online for free?
It is easy to get rid of viruses online as well. All you have to do is search for an online scanner, and it will do its job.
There are websites like F-Secure that have a free scanner. It will get rid of malware, spyware, cookies, and more.
3. What is the best free virus removal?
Here are the best free online virus and malware removal software-
- Norton Power Eraser
- RegRun, etc.